Evogene Announces Closing of its Initial Public Offering in the United States and Full-Exercise of Over-Allotment Option26/11/2013
Evogene Ltd. (NYSE, TASE: EVGN), a plant genomics company specializing in enhancing crop productivity for the food, feed and biofuel industries, announced today the closing of its previously announced initial public offering in the United States of 5,750,000 ordinary shares at the price to the public of $14.75 per share, which includes the exercise in full by the underwriters of their option to purchase up to 750,000 additional ordinary shares. All of the shares in the offering were offered by Evogene.
The shares began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on November 21, 2013 under the symbol “EVGN”.
Evogene received gross proceeds from the offering of approximately $84.8 million, before underwriting discounts and commissions and other estimated offering expenses.
Credit Suisse Securities and Deutsche Bank Securities acted as joint book-running managers for the offering, and Oppenheimer & Co. and Piper Jaffray & Co. acted as co-managers.
This offering is being made solely by means of a prospectus, copies of which may be obtained by contacting: Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, One Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10010, telephone: 1 (800) 221-1037, e-mail: email@example.com; or Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Attention: Prospectus Group, 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005-2836, telephone: 1 (800) 503-4611, email: prospectus.CPDG@db.com.
A registration statement relating to the initial public offering has been filed with and declared effective by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
About Evogene Ltd.
Evogene is a plant genomics company, utilizing a proprietary integrated technology infrastructure to enhance seed traits underlying crop productivity. Evogene offers a complete solution for crop productivity improvement through biotechnology and advanced breeding using a unique technology infrastructure that is based on a deep scientific understanding of plant genomics and proprietary computational capabilities. The Company has strategic collaborations with world-leading agricultural companies to develop improved seed traits in relation to yield and a-biotic stress (such as tolerance to drought), and biotic stress (such as resistance to disease), in key crops as corn, soybean, wheat and rice. In addition, Evogene has earlier stage operations in agriculture chemicals and seeds for second generation feedstock for biodiesel. Evogene’s headquarters are located in Rehovot, Israel and the Company is listed for trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: EVGN) and on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: EVGN).
Press releases for 2013
- Evogene Announces Closing of its Initial Public Offering in the United States and Full-Exercise of Over-Allotment Option
- Evogene Prices Its Initial Public Offering in the United States
- Monsanto and Evogene Extend and Expand Collaboration for Crop Improvement
- Evogene Reports Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Evogene and DuPont Pioneer Expand Collaboration For Soybean Rust Resistance
- Evogene Strengthens Scientific and Corporate Management Teams
- Evogene Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering in the United States
- Syngenta and Evogene Extend Soybean Nematode Resistance Collaboration
- Evogene Subsidiary Completes Three Years of Successful Field Trials for Improved Castor Seeds
- Evogene Reports Second Quarter and First Half 2013
- Evogene and Rahan Announce Successful Field Trial Results For Black Sigatoka Resistance in Bananas
- Evogene Appoints Two New Members to Board of Directors
- Evogene Hosts President of the State of Israel, Mr. Shimon Peres
- Evogene Announces Confidential Submission of Draft Registration Statement for U.S. Public Offering
- Evogene to Collaborate with Chinese Biotechnology Company DBN on Improving Key Rice Traits
- Evogene Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Evogene Announces Appointment of Chief Financial Officer
- Evogene Reports Fourth Quarter and Year End 2012 Financial Results
- Evogene Announces Launch of Model Plant Validation System for Monocot Plants
- Evogene Announces Launch of Gene2Product Computational AgBio Platform
- Evogene Strengthens Scientific and General Management Teams