Evogene Appoints Eyal Leibovitz as Chief Financial Officer22/12/2015
Rehovot, Israel – December 22, 2015 – Evogene Ltd. (NYSE; TASE: EVGN), a leading company for the improvement of crop productivity and economics for the food, feed and fuel industries, today announced the appointment of Eyal Leibovitz as Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Leibovitz is joining the Company effective January 1, 2016 and will replace Sigal Fattal who has been with the Company since June 2012 and will remain until January 31, 2016 to ensure a smooth transition. Ms. Fattal will continue to support the Company after her departure and until April 2016. Mr. Leibovitz will report to Ofer Haviv, Evogene’s President and Chief Executive Officer, and will have executive responsibility for all corporate functions of the company.
Mr. Leibovitz brings with him an extensive background in senior management, finance, investor relations, M&A and business development in international companies headquartered in both Israel and the United States. In his last role he served as CFO and member of the executive committee of N-trig Ltd., an electronic inking company. Prior to this, from 2007 to 2011 Mr. Leibovitz served as the CFO of Kamada Ltd. (NASDAQ & TASE: KMDA). From 2002 to 2007 Mr. Leibovitz served as the International controller of Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT), headquartered in California and operating in the digital video space. Mr. Leibovitz holds a BBA degree from the City University of New York.
“Eyal has an impressive track record as a CFO in both private and public companies. In his prior roles, Eyal has proven himself a key member of executive management teams with direct responsibility for finance, M&A and business development. This record clearly demonstrates the skills and experience necessary to help guide our Company’s growth and continued diversification. In addition, a key objective for Eyal will be to increase the awareness in the US financial market of Evogene’s unique capabilities in providing next generation products for the enhancement of agriculture and of our rapidly growing presence in multiple key market areas." said Ofer Haviv, Evogene's President and CEO. “We welcome Eyal and look forward to his contribution to our senior management team."
Mr. Haviv continued:" I would like to thank Sigal Fattal who is leaving Evogene after more than 3.5 years for her significant contributions to the Company during a period of rapid change and growth. Among her many accomplishments, Sigal led Evogene’s US IPO and built a strong financial and international corporate foundation that leaves us well-positioned for the future. I am confident that she will continue her record of success in her future endeavors. "
About Evogene Ltd.:
Evogene (NYSE, TASE: EVGN) is a leading company for the improvement of crop productivity and economics for the food, feed and fuel industries. The Company has strategic collaborations with world-leading agricultural companies to develop improved seed traits in relation to yield and a-biotic stress (such as tolerance to drought), and biotic stress (such as resistance to disease and nematodes), in key crops as corn, soybean, wheat and rice, and is also focused on the research and development of new products for crop protection (such as weed control). In addition, the Company has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Evofuel, developing seeds for second generation feedstock for biodiesel. For more information, please visit www.evogene.com.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" relating to future events. These statements may be identified by words such as "may", “expects”, "intends", “anticipates”, “plans”, “believes”, “scheduled”, “estimates” or words of similar meaning. Such statements are based on current expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions, describe opinions about future events, involve certain risks and uncertainties which are difficult to predict and are not guarantees of future performance. Therefore, actual future results, performance or achievements of Evogene may differ materially from what is expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, many of which beyond Evogene's control, including, without limitation, those risk factors contained in Evogene’s reports filed with the appropriate securities authority. Evogene disclaims any obligation or commitment to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or developments or changes in expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions.
Press releases for 2015
- Evogene Appoints Eyal Leibovitz as Chief Financial Officer
- BASF and Evogene Sign Collaboration Agreement for Novel Herbicide Discovery and Development
- Evogene Officially Opens Research and Development Facility in St. Louis, Missouri
- Evogene Reports Third Quarter 2015 Financial Results
- Evogene’s Third Quarter 2015 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene to Present at Credit Suisse Annual Basic Materials Conference
- Evogene to Establish Validation Capabilities for Soybean Cyst Nematodes
- Evogene to Present at Jefferies 2015 Industrials Conference
- Evogene Reports Second Quarter 2015 Financial Results
- Evogene Announces Successful Completion of First Computational Discovery of Novel Microbial Genes for Insect Control
- Evogene to Participate at Piper Jaffray Technology Enabled Industrials Symposium
- Evogene Announces Discovery and Validation of Novel Plant Targets for Herbicides
- Evogene’s Second Quarter 2015 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene to Present at LD Micro Invitational
- Evogene Reports First Quarter 2015 Financial Results
- Evogene Files Annual Report for the Year Ended December 31, 2014
- Evogene’s First Quarter 2015 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene CEO Ofer Haviv and Marrone Bio Innovations CEO Pam Marrone to Participate in 'Profiling Tomorrow's Ag Solutions' Panel Discussion at AgriVest 2015
- Evogene Discloses First Collaboration with Leading Multinational Food Company for Improving Crop Productivity
- Evogene Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Financial Results
- Evogene Introduces Biology Driven Ag-Chemical Discovery Platform
- Evofuel Expands Castor Activity in Brazil with Insolo
- Evogene to Establish Research and Development Facility in the United States
- Evogene’s Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene New Gene Optimization Program Being Incorporated into Yield & Environmental Stress Collaboration with Monsanto
- Evogene’s Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Earnings Announcement Schedule