Evogene Announces Joint Microbial Diversity Activity with University of Missouri13/09/2016
- Evogene to utilize results to enhance its databases underlying its insect control and ag-biologicals product programs
Rehovot, Israel – September 13, 2016 – Evogene Ltd. (NYSE; TASE: EVGN), a leading biotechnology company for the improvement of crop productivity for the food, feed and fuel industries, today announced it has entered into an agreement with the University of Missouri to collect and sequence soil samples from several university field sites. The soil samples represent previously untapped sources for microbial diversity from one of the primary corn growing regions of the United States. Under the agreement, Evogene will utilize the results as an additional novel source of leads for its microbial data base supporting its Insect Control and Ag-biological product programs.
Activities associated with the collecting and sampling of the soil will be led by Evogene's R&D site in St. Louis and will be performed in several different field sites situated across the state of Missouri. The unique set of research stations includes field sites with diverse range of insects, crops, and environments.
"We are excited to collaborate with Evogene, a leading Israeli biotechnology company focusing on crop improvement," said Dr. Marc Linit, Senior Associate Dean for Research and Extension. "Collaboration with Evogene to discover novel soil-borne microbes will lead to the development of new bio-based insect control and other ag-based biological programs that will benefit farmers in Missouri and elsewhere."
"As we continue to expand our activities in the US, we are very pleased to be joining forces with the University of Missouri in a unique project bringing together world class academic researchers in agricultural science with one of the industry's most advanced computational discovery groups," said Ofer Haviv, Evogene President and CEO. "Tapping into the diversity of University of Missouri's field sites introduces a new source of microbial leads for our already extensive database, allowing us to strengthen the potential novelty of our product offering in the area of insect control and ag-biologicals."
About Evogene Ltd.:
Evogene (NYSE, TASE: EVGN) is a leading biotechnology company for the improvement of crop productivity for the food, feed and fuel industries. The Company operates in three key market segments: improved seed traits (addressing yield and resistance to diseases and environmental stresses); innovative ag-chemicals (developing novel herbicide solutions for weed control); and ag-biologicals. Evogene has collaborations with world-leading seed and ag-chemical companies. For more information, please visit www.evogene.com or contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" relating to future events. These statements may be identified by words such as "may", "could", “expects”, "intends", “anticipates”, “plans”, “believes”, “scheduled”, “estimates” or words of similar meaning. Such statements are based on current expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions, describe opinions about future events, involve certain risks and uncertainties which are difficult to predict and are not guarantees of future performance. Therefore, actual future results, performance or achievements of Evogene may differ materially from what is expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, many of which beyond Evogene's control, including, without limitation, those risk factors contained in Evogene’s reports filed with the appropriate securities authority. Evogene disclaims any obligation or commitment to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or developments or changes in expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions.
Press releases for 2016
- Evogene Reports First Quarter 2017 Financial Results
- Evogene Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2017 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Marrone Bio Innovations and Evogene Advance Novel Bacteria and Related Proteins Beyond Discovery into Insecticidal Product Development Phase
- Evogene to Present Innovative Approach for Improving Cannabis for Medical Needs at CannaTech Summit
- Evogene Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results
- Evogene and ICL Innovation Sign Collaboration for Development of Crop Enhancers
- Evogene Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene to Transfer Stock Exchange Listing to Nasdaq
- Evogene Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Evogene Announces Positive Field Trial Results in Ag-biologicals Program
- Evogene Third Quarter 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene and IMAmt Sign Collaboration for Genomic Promoter Discovery and Validation in Cotton
- Evogene Announces Joint Microbial Diversity Activity with University of Missouri
- Evogene Announces Participation at the 18th Annual Rodman & Renshaw Global Investment Conference in New York City September 11-13th, 2016
- Evogene Appoints a New Member to Board of Directors and a New Chief Operating Officer
- Evogene Reports Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Evogene to Participate at Piper Jaffray Global Agriculture Symposium
- Evogene Second Quarter 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene to Present at Crops and Chemicals 2016 Conference
- Evogene Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2016
- Evogene and Marrone Bio Innovations Disclose Positive Results in Insect Control Collaboration
- Evogene to Present the Potential of Integrating Novel Genome Editing Technology with its Core Capabilities for Improved Seed Traits at Plant Genomics Congress
- Evogene’s First Quarter 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene Files Annual Report for the Year Ended December 31, 2015
- Evogene Selected for Photosynthesis Research Consortium within European Horizon 2020 Program
- Evogene Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Financial Results
- Evogene Discloses Positive Results in Yield Improvement Collaboration with Monsanto Utilizing Novel 'Trait-First' Methodology
- Evogenes Fourth Quarter with Full Year 2015 Earnings Announcement Schedule