Evogene to Present at Crops and Chemicals 2016 Conference13/07/2016
CSO Dr. Eyal Emmanuel to Present Initial Results from Insect Control Novel Toxin Discovery Program
Rehovot, Israel – July 13, 2016 - Evogene Ltd. (NYSE, TASE: EVGN), a leading biotechnology company for the improvement of crop productivity, today announced that its Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Eyal Emmanuel, will present initial results from the Company’s Insect Control Novel Toxin Discovery Program at the Crops and Chemicals Conference taking place July 19 - 21, 2016 in Raleigh, North Carolina. Dr. Emmanuel’s presentation is scheduled for July 20th at 11:30am in the Plant Biotechnology stream of the conference.
At his presentation, Dr. Emmanuel will describe Evogene’s unique approach for the discovery of microbial genes demonstrating insecticidal activity with novel 'mode of action' and will present preliminary results for certain selected genes. The genes for which preliminary results will be provided include genes discovered from cultured bacteria as part of Evogene's program with Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. (NASDAQ: MBII), as well as genes discovered from its proprietary, experiments incorporating metagenomics data. The candidate genes from both sources were discovered using the Company's in silico algorithmic approach. Validation of the insecticidal activity for such genes included diet-based assays against several key target insects, demonstrating strong support for the unique methodologies utilized in Evogene's Insect Control Program.
Evogene's in silico approach for novel toxin discovery leverages two key proprietary technologies – comprehensive integrated databases, and a dedicated computational analysis platform (BiomeMinerTM). The integrated databases are enriched with microbial genes consisting of insecticidal activity from both cultured and uncultured bacteria (metagenomics), sourced from proprietary and public experiments. The BiomeMinerTM computational platform utilizes advanced algorithms and machine learning technologies, and has been designed to sift through many millions of genes and pinpoint the most promising candidates to yield potential novel insecticidal modes of action.
About Evogene Ltd.:
Evogene (NYSE, TASE: EVGN) is a leading biotechnology company for the improvement of crop productivity for the food, feed and fuel industries. The Company operates in three key market segments: improved seed traits (addressing yield and resistance to diseases and environmental stresses); innovative ag-chemicals (developing novel herbicide solutions for weed control; and ag-biologicals. Evogene has collaborations with world-leading seed and ag-chemical companies. For more information, please visit www.evogene.com or contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" relating to future events. These statements may be identified by words such as "may", "could", “expects”, "intends", “anticipates”, “plans”, “believes”, “scheduled”, “estimates” or words of similar meaning. Such statements are based on current expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions, describe opinions about future events, involve certain risks and uncertainties which are difficult to predict and are not guarantees of future performance. Therefore, actual future results, performance or achievements of Evogene may differ materially from what is expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, many of which beyond Evogene's control, including, without limitation, those risk factors contained in Evogene’s reports filed with the appropriate securities authority. Evogene disclaims any obligation or commitment to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or developments or changes in expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions.
Press releases for 2016
- Evogene announces positive results in Insect Control Seed Trait Program and advancement to Phase-I of first toxin against Western corn rootworm
- Evogene Reports First Quarter 2017 Financial Results
- Evogene Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2017 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Marrone Bio Innovations and Evogene Advance Novel Bacteria and Related Proteins Beyond Discovery into Insecticidal Product Development Phase
- Evogene to Present Innovative Approach for Improving Cannabis for Medical Needs at CannaTech Summit
- Evogene Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results
- Evogene and ICL Innovation Sign Collaboration for Development of Crop Enhancers
- Evogene Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene to Transfer Stock Exchange Listing to Nasdaq
- Evogene Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Evogene Announces Positive Field Trial Results in Ag-biologicals Program
- Evogene Third Quarter 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene and IMAmt Sign Collaboration for Genomic Promoter Discovery and Validation in Cotton
- Evogene Announces Joint Microbial Diversity Activity with University of Missouri
- Evogene Announces Participation at the 18th Annual Rodman & Renshaw Global Investment Conference in New York City September 11-13th, 2016
- Evogene Appoints a New Member to Board of Directors and a New Chief Operating Officer
- Evogene Reports Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Evogene to Participate at Piper Jaffray Global Agriculture Symposium
- Evogene Second Quarter 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene to Present at Crops and Chemicals 2016 Conference
- Evogene Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2016
- Evogene and Marrone Bio Innovations Disclose Positive Results in Insect Control Collaboration
- Evogene to Present the Potential of Integrating Novel Genome Editing Technology with its Core Capabilities for Improved Seed Traits at Plant Genomics Congress
- Evogene’s First Quarter 2016 Earnings Announcement Schedule
- Evogene Files Annual Report for the Year Ended December 31, 2015
- Evogene Selected for Photosynthesis Research Consortium within European Horizon 2020 Program
- Evogene Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Financial Results
- Evogene Discloses Positive Results in Yield Improvement Collaboration with Monsanto Utilizing Novel 'Trait-First' Methodology
- Evogenes Fourth Quarter with Full Year 2015 Earnings Announcement Schedule