We’re looking for talented people to join our team!
Check out our open positions or send your CV to the email below for future opportunities
Evogene is looking for a Plant Genetics Product Manager to join the multidisciplinary product team. The candidate should have extensive scientific and research knowledge in plant genomics and experience with functional genomics tools, databases relevant to this field and approaches for merging different data layers for obtaining biological insights.
The Plant Genetics Product Manager will lead the development of a portfolio of innovative computational tools, specifically aimed at genomic products for the Ag and environmental industry.
The work will be done in close collaboration with bioinformatics, algorithms, developers, and system development teams as well as end users of this platform. The employee will play a central role in shaping the computational platform and adjusting it for providing computational prediction solutions addressing the main challenges of life-science product development.
- Designing and managing the development of computational tools and resources driving R&D of innovative plant-related products.
- Translating customers’ needs to the biological requirements into product tailored programs and constructing work plans accordingly.
- Verifying the predictive capabilities of newly developed computational tools.
- Assessing and promoting Evogene’s technological edge in the plant genomics arena.
- Collaborate with customers and third parties to define requirements for new products or extensions to existing products.
- Work closely with customers and field teams to validate early product definitions.
- PhD degree in biology with a deep understanding of genomics and statistics as well as plant genetics.
- Experience with genome analysis tools.
- Computational and experimental technological innovation orientation – an advantage.
- Ability to critically understand and assess scientific papers and ideas.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate others within the framework of an interdisciplinary project.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to simplify complex scientific and technological subjects for a non-technological audience.
Evogene (NASDAQ: EVGN, TASE: EVGN.TA) is a leading computational biology company targeting to revolutionize life-science product development across several market segments, located in Rehovot.
We are looking for a BD Director to join the Business Development department and collaborate with key leaders across the business to ensure Evogene’s ability to maintain its position as a world leader in the life sciences technology industry.
The position will report to the EVP BD.
- Manage end-to-end business development processes.
- Explore and research new fields and projects for Evogene.
- Track new markets and emerging trends and recommend new products and services.
- Analyze the go no go for the new markets.
- Build an action plan and support its execution.
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships – write proposals and plans.
- R&D content definition based on the product Development unit’s road map.
- Must have an M.Sc. degree in life sciences.
- At least two years of experience in a business development position in the life sciences sector Especially in the Pharma sector.
- The candidate must be familiar with the life sciences industry needs (e.g., regulations).
- Willingness to travel abroad as may be needed from time to time (20%).
- Strong strategic abilities, intellect, business acumen, and commercial experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to complete missions at high velocity.