We’re looking for talented people to join our team!
Check out our open positions or send your CV to the email below for future opportunities
The Greenhouse research center of Evogene is looking for a Phytopathologist. The candidate will assist in diverse research programs including the development and performance of validation assays, including continuous improvement of the assays by acquiring new technologies.
The candidate will be responsible for the performance of audits in the greenhouses for disease screens and identification, including the development of new detection methods according to requirements.
The position includes close interaction with multidisciplinary teams, reviewing literature and introducing of latest technologies, writing protocols, SOPs and reports.
Education & experience requirements:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in plant pathology or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within research programs.
- Hands-on laboratory experience and skills.
- Plant pathology background and expertise in greenhouse/growth chamber bioassay development – advantage.
- Ability to design and implement new plant disease screening methods – advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Knowledge and experience in virology/insect-vector biology are advantages.
- Ability to communicate in both, Hebrew, and English.
The controller will be part of the finance department and will report to the Director of Finance.
• Oversee the quarterly and annual closing process and ensure accuracy of financial records including account payable, inventory, account receivables, accruals, billing, revenue recognition, payroll journal entries, fixed assets.
• Manage the financial reporting processes of the parent company and the subsidiaries.
• Prepare annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
• Prepare annual tax returns and have an overall responsibility on compliance with Tax and other authorities.
• Working with external auditors, consultants and advisors.
• Manage the company’s monthly cash flow (payments and collections).
• Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
• Prepare applications for support from the Israeli Innovation Authority and ensure compliance with the post-approval reporting requirements.
• Budget control & financial analysis.
• Prepare reports to management.
• Ad hoc accounting and finance-related projects as needed.
• CPA with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a high-tech /Bio-tech industry or 2 years after internship in Big 4.
• Big 4 experience
• Public companies experience – an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in IFRS.
• High level of English and Hebrew.
• Hands-on, excellent human relations and good teamwork skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Familiarity with Priority – an advantage.
• Strong analytical, detail-oriented and multi-tasking skills.
Evogene is a leading biotechnology company developing novel products for life science markets using a unique computational predictive biology platform.
The candidate should be an innovator with proven strategy development and project implementation skills. The candidate will take an active part in the development and administration of a High Scale on-site data warehouse as well as managing the system & development operations infrastructure.
- Very seasoned Linux operating systems architect
- Experienced with Kubernetes and its ecosystem
- Knowledge of Python or similar scripting languages
- Fast and flexible learner, self-learner
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
Required Academic Education:
- Preferably with a background of exact sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in the below areas:
- Administrating Peta scale Data Warehouses
- Git, GitLab, Jenkins
- SQL and NoSQL database administration
- Administrating high-performance computing clusters